A man has tragically died after fire broke out in a flat in Chester on Christmas Eve.
Firefighters were called to the blaze on Clover Place at about 8.40pm last night and discovered the man inside the flat.
Despite the efforts of emergency crews, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said the home was ‘well alight’ by the time they got there, but that the fire was contained to just one flat.
The man’s death is not being treated as suspicious.
Cheshire Police said: ‘The man’s next of kin have been informed and they are currently being supported.
‘Our thoughts at the current time are with the family of the man.’
Just hours earlier, families in Dundrum were forced out of their homes after a devastating blaze ripped through a row of terraced houses.
Eight properties had to be evacuated after the fire in County Down, Ireland, leaving many having to find other places to spend Christmas Day.
A joint investigation has been launched by the police and fire service to establish the cause of the blaze.
Anyone with any information should contact Cheshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 711 of December 24.
The post Man dies in devastating flat fire on Christmas Eve appeared first on News Wire Now.