If youre looking for a place to eat on your travels, TripAdvisor is probably your first port of call for online reviews.
So its safe to say you trust their ratings. Youll be pleased to know then that theyve compiled a list of the best restaurants around the world that you should definitely check out on your next travels.
But thankfully one of them, the Restaurant Sat Bains, is a lot closer to home. You can check out this fourth best eatery in the world quite easily as its only in Nottingham.
Though its the first establishment to win an accolade as such, it doesnt come as much of a surprise as the Sat Bains boasts two Michelin stars and a glorious seven and ten-course tasting menu.
Restaurant owners Sat and Amanda Bains said: We have always believed in our team and our location, and we feel both the kitchen brigade and front of house team we have currently are the strongest we have ever had.
Its very flattering to receive such high praise from our guests, and we are immensely proud to fly the flag, not just for our home city of Nottingham and the Midlands, but the UK too.
To be among restaurants of such high calibre in the world ranking is extremely humbling. Its an honour to be recognised and it will inspire us to keep pushing to deliver the ultimate in gastronomy. There will certainly be extra celebrations at our Christmas party this month.
The top spot went to French joint Au Crocodile, a Michelin starred restaurant in Strasbourg, named after a stuffed crocodile. The French clearly know what theyre doing as the Martin Berasategui, in Lasarte took second spot.
If you fancy eating at some top bougie spots then dont worry you wont have to travel to the ends of the earth for it as three other UK restaurants made the top 25.
Birminghams Adams restaurant, which has a Michelin Star, three AA Rosettes and a score of 7 in the Good Food Guide, placed eleventh.
Meanwhile, Le Manoir Aux QuatSaisons in New Milton, West Hampshire came fifteenth.
Better jot down the names.
Travellers' Choice favourites
Travellers choice favourite fine dining restaurants worldwide:
- Au Crocodile, Strasbourg, France
- Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
- Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Restaurante Benazuza, Cancun, Mexico
- La Colombe, Constantia, South Africa
- TRB Hutong, Beijing, China
- Ristorante Villa Crespi, Orta San Giulio, Italy
- The Grove, Auckland Central, New Zealand
- Davids Kitchen, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Travellers choice everyday dining restaurants UK:
- Makars Gourmet Mash Bar (Mound), Edinburgh
- The Oystermen Seafood Bar & Kitchen, London
- Iran Restaurant (Shepherd Market), London
- Mother Indias Café, Edinburgh
- Paesano (Miller St), Glasgow
- Lambs Restaurant, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Food for Friends, Brighton
- Sotto Sotto, Bath
- La Lanterna, Glasgow
- Holohans At The Barge, Belfast